Thursday, July 19, 2012

AUCTION SUNDAY and PINTEREST UPDATES

Before you start thinking that I have abandoned the Pinterest challenge because I am busy looking for stuff and making jewelry for the auction STARTING SUNDAY, let me just tell you what I've been up to...

1) Pinterest cleaning challenge. The idea was that I could put a few caps full of vinegar in 2 cups water and microwave for 5 minutes and then my microwave would wipe clean. After microwaving for 20 minutes it still wouldn't wipe clean. Granted I had spaghetti sauce blow up in it, but clearly it wouldn't clean in 5 minutes no matter what. Here's the pin that failed me. That's pretty what my microwave looked like before(on the top) and also after. I opted for the good old Meyer's Clean Day to finish the job. Mrs Meyer's never fails me and the basil scent makes me almosy like cleaning. Vinegar, the microwave is not your specialty.

2) Working on woodland party items. Sure, Little Bee's birthday party isn't until February but I want to make a lot of the decorations. I saw some little bird houses that were round on Pinterest. I know I saw some painted red with white polks dots but I can't find the pin (they were on a table somewhere). This pin has unpainted bird houses but I am painting mine. I found my bird houses on the dollar rack at Joanns. Stay tuned for the final project.




3) I have wanted to make the Bee a little store ever since I bought her shopping cart (before she was home). I was looking for a base for the store at the right price...that price being under $10. Look what mama found on the side of the road!! Yay! A folding book case! I have now put the base paint on and added a few details. I will post a photo when it's done. This is my big project and with a 2 year old and a full time job I can only work on it on the weekends. I am posting a picture of the book case after I found it...and also a photo of my inspiration from Pinterest. Enjoy and stay tuned for the final store photo in the upcoming weeks!

~mama

P.S. I knew I would like being a mama but I LOVE being a mama!

1 comment:

  1. Umm, can I have one? This is just too stinking cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete