Sunday, May 13, 2012

Without You...There Would be no me...

I am so happy that I am having my first Mother's Day! I have looked forward to this day for so very long. I am a mother. I am a mother. I have been a mother in my heart for years...but now my little heart runs around my house with her arms up saying "mom" "mama." This day is special for me in so many ways.

First, I am thankful for my mother and I am so glad that she is fighting her battles and still with us on this special day. I am grateful to the doctors who were paying attention, and realizing that something just wasn't right, otherwise this may have been a very different kind of Mother's Day. My mother is a wonderful mother and I hope that I can be as loving to Little E as she has always been to me.

Second, I am thankful...more than thankful (there is no word to describe this kind of gratitude) to O, The Little Bee's birth mother who chose to give Little Bee up. I know in my heart that this was not easy for her. Thank you for staying healthy enough to give birth to a full term baby in good health. This baby that I have promised with all my heart to love, respect and teach forever and ever. O, you have no idea how much your decision has blessed my life. Your sorrow is my joy and sometimes that is hard to think about. To you, I wish you a happy Mother's Day. I will be thinking of you and honoring you today. Without you, I would not be a mother.

~mama

Oh, and today is out two month Gotchaversary...I've said it before and I'll say it again...we were meant to be a family!

No comments:

Post a Comment