Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Great Veggie Fridge Clean-Out 2011

My plan before we bring Baby B home is to fill my freezer with homemade healthy food that we can heat and eat. I don't want to spend time in in the kitchen that I could spend blowing on bellies, playing in the sprinkler and making dirt pies. I have a few recipes for vegetarian friendly food that will freeze well and I have scored some tips from the folks at FRUA (thanks guys!). I also have some friends that I said I'd pay to make food for us. I want variety. We have one friend from India who makes DELICIOUS food. She's definitely on the list of chefs I need to hire.

Anyway, all of this is to say that I need to clear out the freezer. I think all of the products that we have in there have kept MorningStar Farms in business. I am trying to come up with creative ways to use the freezer goods. Here are a couple of things I have done:

1) Chik'n Parmesan made with Gardein tenders. This could also be made with MorningStar patties, I just cooked the tenders in the oven according to the package and covered with sauce (from a jar- thank you Publix for your BOGO) and some mozzarella and popped it all in the oven. Served with pasta and garlic bread.

2) Chik'n Salad on whole wheat pita. I microwaved a Grillers® Chik’n Veggie Patty and shredded it to bits. I added chopped onion and mayo but if I had it I would have added celery too. I added grapes on the side. Perfect fast lunch (except for the onion breath I have now). It was delicious.

That's all I have to say about my freezer.

~mama

No comments:

Post a Comment